Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is the best way to mix basic acrylic paint colors to get the color of Caucasian skin?

My friend awhile back told me that there are 3 colors you have to mix, but now I can't remember.What is the best way to mix basic acrylic paint colors to get the color of Caucasian skin?
I have been painting for a long time and the colors I use for my portraits are


a lot of Titanium White


A lot of Yellow Ochre


a little bit of cadium red light


I take yellow ochre and add a lot of white to it about the same amount or more and then just a drop of cadium red light (cadiums are very strong pigments so be cereful don't add too much).


For highlights I add more white sometimes I mix a little yellow into it and for shadow and receding planes I use raw umber and some blue like ultramarine blue.


I paint in oils but the acrylics are the same pigments so you should get the same results. When I painted in school lot of the people used acrylics and got the same effects


Check out my web site http://www.piotrwolodkowicz.com and see if you like the skin tones.


good luckWhat is the best way to mix basic acrylic paint colors to get the color of Caucasian skin?
orange, white and pink
You should be using only colours that are found in the spectrum to get your colours, not ';bottled/tubed'; colours, to truly learn how to paint. Getting ';flesh'; coloured paint is cheating. Even using ';pink'; or pre mixed sienna colours, etc. is cheating. to get a caucasian flesh colour mix red, yellow and white (not too much yellow).
I would mix beige, white and a little orange or pink.
burnt sienna, a touch of red and white. mix until you have a basic flesh tone add a little green to make a shadow tone. highlight would be a Little more white added with just a little touch of green.
Orange and white to start. You can add red, blue and orange to achieve different tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment