Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you get a shiny finish to an acrylic painting?

I just started painting and it bugs me that when my painting is done it doesnt have a glossy/shiny finish. I feel like its ';undone.';





Is there something you can buy to put over the acrylic paint to give it a shiny finish?How do you get a shiny finish to an acrylic painting?
clear varnishHow do you get a shiny finish to an acrylic painting?
I use a clear gloss varnish..it comes in a bottle and you paint it on. It has a pretty strong odor so do it outside or somewhere it won't bother everyone. You can clean it up with paint thinner. I really love it, it brings back the vivid colors of the acrylics.
I like to use the clear varnish spray by Krylon. I prefer the UV protective kind...But if you decide to use it, follow the directions carefully, especially using a ventilated area and using a mask so as to not breathe the fumes..It dries in about an hour, and gives my paintings a nice finish.
Acrylic sealer gloss kind

No comments:

Post a Comment