Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to remove Acrylic paint from a model kit?

Ok, again, I got a Nissan Skyline GT-R model kit.


I painted the model kit using acrylic paint (not Tamiya brand, but Omni brand).


I find that the painting IS terrible.


I want to remove the paint from the model kit WITHOUT breaking the model kit apart.


How would I remove paint from small areas?How to remove Acrylic paint from a model kit?
If you need to revove paint only from a small area I would recommend sanding it off and once done working with finer grades until you get back to a smooth plastic finish.How to remove Acrylic paint from a model kit?
Take a brush, dip it in thinner, and use that to remove the paint. You probably can't sand the car considering it has lots of curves and contours, so just remove it with thinner. Sanding will also remove plastic, which isn't good.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment