Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I use acrylic sheets for a guinea pig cage?

I couldn't find coroplast or linoleum for the bottom of my wire cube cage so I bought acrylic sheets from home depot instead. I was wondering if there were any dangers with using acrylic and if it was toxic in any way? In addition, what can I use for the side walls so the bedding doesn't fall out either?Can I use acrylic sheets for a guinea pig cage?
Acrylic is non toxic, its used in acrylic fillings, bone cements, baths etc.


However a sheet of smooth acrylic might be a little slippy under foot.....


Yes it could be used for the side walls but remember not to make a box out of it with out plenty of air holes !Can I use acrylic sheets for a guinea pig cage?
I don't know about the acrylic, but I would think it would be ok. Guinea pig cages have plastic on the bottom which seems like it would be equal to acrylic. For the side walls, I put my cage into a large, shallow, plastic under the bed storage tub. It helped a lot, even though my cage was plastic on the bottom.
You can use some old good tape to cover cage walls.
  • linux web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment