Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If I want to get started in acrylic painting, what are the basic materials I need?

I took an acrylic canvas-painting art class and would really like to pursue it as a hobby in my own home. What are the basic materials (specific brushes/paints/ect) I need to buy? What kind of brushes or colors of paint do I need to get (this is for medium to large canvases)? Kind of like an acrylic painting starter kit?


Also, can you reccommend any inexpensive but good quality brands of brushes and paints to start out with?





Thanks!If I want to get started in acrylic painting, what are the basic materials I need?
I like Liquitex Paints. They are smooth in consistency, and have a wide variety of colors.


Start out by purchasing their color chart. Not all reds and blues (or other combinations of colors) make the colors you will expect. Different pigmentation's also have different transparency.


Water can be used as a medium to start.





Buy a few of the best quality brushes, in a variety of shapes, that you can afford. Cheap brushes do not paint well.


I have many brushes, but I'd start with


Loew-Cornell white nylon, they will be the easiest to clean (liquid hand soap in your palm and a little warm water, then swirl the brush an your palm, till it is free of paint, rinse and stand the brush head up to dry.) I use an old jar for water, and a coffee cup (I have about 10) filled with brushes.


Keep working on color mixing, and technique.





You can use almost anything for acrylic paint. To start, I'd suggest Fredrix Linen Board, until you decide this is for you, then you can invest in prestretched canvases, or learn to stretch your own.If I want to get started in acrylic painting, what are the basic materials I need?
hey





umm for starters dont go buying lots of different shades of one colour its piontless just buy the primary colours red,blue and yellow these three colours make any colour you want when mixed however i also recomeend getting ALOT of white paint and some balck paint as well i use derivan paint (its australian so im not sure if u can get it unless ur australian) and it costs about 5 dolllars each for a medium tube you can get massive tubs of it but im not sure how much it costs. with the canvas it dosnt really matter wat canvas you use thas my opinion anyway but if you want a recommened brand go for mount motre canvases. for brushes get a wide variety(some thin some thick some britsled white hairs and some smooth black hairs this allows you to make different textures).i use paint brushes from bunnigs ware house lol also australian:D





ten points????

No comments:

Post a Comment