Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I use acrylic paint to paint Holiday designs on my window?

Does it was of with soap and water?


If so, should I water it down a but before I paint?





Thanks!Can I use acrylic paint to paint Holiday designs on my window?
Acrylic is a plastic paint. If your windows are in the sun, and you use the paint full strength, it might cause the paint to peel off! If you use the acrylic, water it down before applying, it will be easier to clean off. Acrylic paint is water based and clean up with soap and water. You can use tempra paints, but be careful not to apply them thick or they will flake off.Can I use acrylic paint to paint Holiday designs on my window?
it might wash off with water or nailpolish remover but that could ruin any painted trim or boarder or it could maybe be scraped off but i wouldnt risk it... usually if you go to a craft store they sell window paint in a lot of colors or sets with stensils.... they also usually have those sticky things that almost look like a thin slice of jello in holiday shapes %26amp; colors that are meant for windows if you wanted another easy option
You could use acrylic, but the clean up will be awful. It will wash off with soap and water and a LOT of effort-or razor blades. Plus makes a BIG mess with paint flakes. Use tempora paint-water based and much easier cleanup. When you clean up, use painters tape to fasten a plastic drop cloth to the window sill. Red can stain light colored paint ( your house), you dont want your mom to kill you! Plus with the drop cloth you can clean up easier!


Good luck and stay warm, I got sick one year painting my apartment windows in the cold, won the decorating contest but was sick for 2 weeks!
i wouldnt..








Dye glue with food coloring.





or mix paint with dish washing soap.


they both work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment